Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Excessive Sweating and Me

The first signs of an excessive sweating attack come when I am sat at my desk at home, its not hot, and I'm not doing anything. Really no one would be sweating at this point, but I always seem to be. I am not overweight, I am not unfit, and I am not a dog.
But this has been a problem of mine for many years, and I am sure (or at least was) it will be to come. Excessive sweating is no joke, and no fun; its not life threatening, but it is life prohibiting.

The problems with this condition are 100% public; you sweat, you get embarrassed about sweating in a cold room, so you sweat more, and you get more embarrassed, and on and on.

This cycle is destined to spiral out of control until you are a mere puddle on the sidewalk, or a very thin man wearing very large and wet clothes.

Once, a few years ago, I was sweating excessively at a meeting, and everyone kindly, turned up the air con for me, they pretended they were hot too, and did many other kind and totally pointless things like undoing shirt collars, fannig themselves and more, and all this for little old me. It is embarrassing, and them doing this, only highlighted it even more. I couldn't win; drawing attention to it doesn't help, nor does trying not to think about it. Do you realise that I have made my condition into a living entity. I should name it, I should make friends with it, anything that will make it go away.

I don't know when it started, but I do know that I have not had it for life. I am 38, and for a lot of those youthful years, I was sweat-free, but I am guessing (as are you), that I was burning calories with all the other hyper-active kids in my area. Football, swimming, drumming, and generally running 'til you die, all have the same resultant value on fat, it burns, and your metabolism is sky-high, plus you are sugared off your head, so no wonder I didn't notice, or have this condition in my childhood years.

This brings me to now, I am coping, it is getting better, in that it is becoming manageable. Excessive Sweating was the bain of my life, and now it is a mild irritation, and something that doesn't rear its head too often.

Fingers crossed for the future.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home